Thursday, December 07, 2006

Logic Puzzles and Holiday Cheer

ver. Infinity 2.0
You know that logic puzzle where there are two doors, one leads to hell, the other to heaven, with one guardian who only lies, and one guardian, who speaks only truth? You can only ask them one question in order to get to the right door. Heaven, I think? I’ve had a real life logic puzzle today, here it is:

Two dentists: One dentist, a Persian who uses high tech equipment, says I have two back cavities, and all my fillings need to be replaced. The other, poorer equipment, but a white guy, says I have one front cavity, and everything else is fine. Whom do I believe? Mind you, the first dentist was two months ago and I have been brushing my back ones pretty well lately, so maybe the cavity moved or healed? But how can I really know this?

I gave to a charity today, and yet I have no receipt and the IRS will never deduct it. I contributed to the “Prevent Holiday Unemployment by Not Reporting Obvious Theft Fund.” Today, at the 99cent store, I observed an cashier, Linda, her real name, seeing my cash in hand, not ring up my items, and ask for $3.05. I gave her a four singles, and she gave me .95 back. I’ve seen her pull this scam with other customers before, but never so blatantly and never with me. Linda, seems like a current or former meth head, who is very friendly to customers, a favorite among the 99ers. You’re welcome Linda, sorry 99cent Only Stores.

Merry Christmas to all!

Mark D

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your post. We at the .99 only store appreciate your honesty in keeping us honest. Unfortunatly some of our employees from our "99 chances" program for ex-felons does turn up a few bad apples. Linda has been terminated with 99 minutes notice, and will be ineligible for further employment with our company for 99 year. Thank you for shopping, and as a reward, you will recieve 9.9 packages of cookie dough. (sorry, I broke one open, and took out 10% of the dough. Yum!)

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home